Sliding patio doors have remained a must-have in many homes. They seamlessly connect your interiors with your outdoor space, while allowing for smooth and effortless operation. But as with home components that see everyday use, sliding patio doors are prone to failure. Renewal by Andersen® of New Jersey, the leading choice for top-tier casement windows and hinged French patio doors, shares five of the most common reasons sliding patio doors fail.
- Using the wrong kind of lubricant. To ensure reliable performance from your sliding patio doors, make sure to use only proper lubrication. This allows the bearings to roll, and prevents undesirable friction that can lead to excessive heat, wearing, and metal fatigue.
- Grease escaping from bearings. The life expectancy of grease used for rolling bearings will rely on several factors, including temperature, type, speed, load, and bearing arrangement. For this reason, the bearings must be relubricated to prevent door failure.
- Alignment issues. Like your windows, your sliding patio doors should fit snugly to their frame. But sometimes, they can fall out of alignment because of loose screws or normal wear and tear. For easier operation, make sure your sliding patio doors are adjusted to ensure proper rolling motion.
- Hair accumulating in the bearings. Pet owners may notice their sliding patio doors have become difficult to open. The reason is that hair or fur can get caught in the bearings over time, causing them to stop rolling. It’s always a good idea to check for hair in the bearings regularly, and have the buildup removed by a pro to keep your door unit in good working order.
- Improper door installation. Sometimes, sliding patio doors fail because they aren’t installed correctly in the first place. That’s why it is crucial to choose a reliable door installation company, like Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey, for the job. This way, your sliding patio door won’t be subject to frequent operational difficulties, ensuring only worry-free and long-lasting performance.
Aside from sleek and durable picture windows, Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey is your go-to choice for high-quality sliding patio doors. They are specially engineered for secure and smooth gliding operation, and they use exclusive dual ball-bearing rollers with self-contained leveling adjusters from Andersen®. With our expert crew, you’re also sure that the installation work itself runs smoothly from start to finish.
Look no further than Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey for all your door and window installation needs. We serve homeowners in New Jersey, and nearby areas, including Staten Island, NY. Call us today at (908) 497-1020 or fill out this online form to schedule your free consultation.