ENERGY STAR is a voluntary program that aims for superior energy efficiency. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) established this program back in 1992 in compliance with the Clean Air Act, which aims to reduce air pollution. Under the program, products such as windows and doors undergo tests to ensure that they meet energy efficiency standards.
For more than 20 years, ENERGY STAR has been the gold standard for energy-efficient windows in Staten Island and other states across the US. Renewal by Andersen® of New Jersey-New York Metro and our parent company, the Andersen Corporation, believe that ENERGY STAR will pave the way towards a net zero–energy home. That’s why we are proud to support this program.
Our partnership with ENERGY STAR made us the first recipient of Partner of the Year in the window category. We continue to support this program because it stands for three things homeowners look for:
- Trust – According to Jay Lund, chairman, president, and CEO of the Andersen Corporation, the ENERGY STAR label ensures that your windows and doors meet today’s energy efficiency standards.
- Quality – Products that have passed certification ensure energy savings between 20% and 30%.
- Integrity – The ENERGY STAR seal provides a feeling of value to any consumer.
Our commitment to energy efficiency is part of our core values. We ensure energy savings through our use of materials like:
- Fibrex® – Our composite framing material offers the strength and insulating value of wood and low maintenance feature of vinyl. It will not contract or expand when exposed to fluctuating temperatures.
- High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass packages – We offer different glass options that offer benefits in terms of heating, cooling, visible light transfer, and ultraviolet ray protection. All of our windows ensure comfort and energy savings in any season.
Our installation process also ensures energy efficiency. We make sure that your casement windows in Staten Island perfectly fit in the opening. We even fill in gaps with insulating foam to ensure a tight seal. Our efforts to make energy-efficient windows have led to ENERGY STAR certification and Scientific Certification Systems Indoor Advantage Gold™ certification for indoor air quality.
To learn more about our windows, schedule a free consultation today. You can reach us through our contact form.