The exteriors of your home can add character to your whole house.It is the first thing your friends and family see.It’s what makes people give your house a second glace. So you want an exterior that would catch other people’s attention? Why not get it while the weather is fair.
From simple garden tweaks to installing sliding patio doors in Hillsborough New Jersey, here are some tips to improve your exteriors and boost your home’s curb appeal this season:
- Prepare your lawn and garden. Spring time’s here and cleaning should be a priority. Start by clearing out weeds and grass that surround your fences. Maybe it’s time to start growing some flowers, too!
- Work on your porch. Take out the old furniture you kept during winter. Do a little sweeping and wiping here and there so you can enjoy fair weather outside.
- Clean your windows. Use soapy water and a soft cloth. For the glass, a squeegee works best. Make sure to avoid strong or abrasive cleaning solutions.
- Power-wash your siding. For siding made from water-resistant materials like vinyl or metal, you can spray it with a garden hose to wash away dirt.
- Experiment with color on small items. Some elements that you can apply new color to are your mailbox and your house number. Try red and other bold colors to make these small elements stand out—in a good way.
- Consider installing a French or patio door. These doors “extend” your home’s living space and provide easy access to your garden or patio. They can also help lower your house’s energy consumption, especially if you have old doors that may be leaking conditioned air through cracks. If you want an instant boost on curb appeal, new doors are the way to go.
- Push through with replacing windows. Want to open windows to let the cool spring breeze in but their mechanisms are stuck? Seeing signs of rot on the frames? Spring is the best time to boost your property’s curb appeal also because fair weather permits renovation projects like window replacement. If you’re been wanting to replace those old, faulty windows, now is the time.
For better exteriors and quality replacement windows and doors in Hillsborough New Jersey and the surrounding areas, call us today at (800) 577-7744.Renewal by Andersen® of New Jersey-New York Metro offers double hung, picture, and other attractive window styles, as well as energy-efficient French and patio doors that can boost your home’s curb appeal this season.